You are not alone. When it comes to maintaining sobriety and managing mental health, it is helpful to see and hear others who are on a similar path. Citizen Advocates offers regularly scheduled sessions for people who have a shared experience and, together as a group, strive to achieve individual outcomes and successes. This group therapy can include, but is not limited to, managing mental health, problem solving as a group, improved parenting skills, interpersonal skills, stress tolerance, achieve or maintaining sobriety, or co-occurring disorders.
Unless noted by the therapist, all sessions take place weekdays during regular clinic hours. Please keep in mind, an initial one-on-one meeting and assessment with a clinician is required prior to meeting with any group. To schedule an appointment, contact our Malone clinic at 518-483-3261 or Saranac Lake at 518-891-5535.
Below are the sessions we currently offer to individuals who have received an initial assessment from a clinician who recommended group therapy as part of a treatment plan.
Mental health groups
- LGBTQIA+ adult
- Parent support—focuses on interventions in which parents are taught social learning techniques to help change the behavior of their children or adolescents
- PTSD women’s group
- Addiction phase 1—if you are just starting out in treatment for addiction, this group is for you
- Addiction phase 2—for individuals who are past the initial treatment stage for addiction
- Sober support group
- Integrated dual disorder treatment life skills
- Early recovery—for individuals just starting sobriety, and may still struggle with relapse
- Relapse prevention
- Suboxone support group
Youth mental health
- Adolescent PTSD group
Need help navigating our addiction recovery services?
At Citizen Advocates, we work as a team to provide the best individual, person-centered services to the people we serve. Care coordination assists clients with identifying and accessing the services that will assist them in addressing the problems they are experiencing, or that will help them to achieve a higher quality life or level of functioning.go to care coordination »