Individual, group and family psychotherapy
Whether it’s for mental health or addiction treatment and recovery, Citizen Advocates provides person-centered, compassionate therapy services to all age groups. All individuals in our care receive an initial assessment to determine treatment needs, and build on the strengths, tools and resources to support a sustained recovery.
The treatment we provide is built around your needs:
- Individual: One-on-one, specialized therapy
- Group: These are regularly scheduled sessions with people who have a shared experience and by together as a group strive to achieve individual outcomes. This can include, but is not limited to, improved parenting skills, interpersonal skills, stress tolerance, achieve or maintain sobriety, or co-occurring disorders
- Family psychotherapy: This specialized treatment group focuses on couples counseling or families experiencing struggles or challenges as a result of a newborn, marital problems, separation, the grieving process, aging, or life changes
Our treatment will be centered around your needs but some of the approaches we offer are:
- Eye movement desensitization retraining (EMDR): This therapy is an interactive psychotherapy technique used to relieve psychological stress. It is an effective treatment for trauma and post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Dialectical behavior therapy (DBT): Helps individuals develop new skills to manage painful emotions and decrease conflict in relationships
- Cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT): A form of psychotherapy that treats problems and boosts happiness by modifying dysfunctional emotions, behaviors and thoughts
Unless noted by the therapist, all sessions take place weekdays during regular clinic hours.
Need help navigating our youth services?
At Citizen Advocates, we work as a team to provide the best individual, person-centered services to the people we serve. Care coordination assists clients with identifying and accessing the services that will assist them in addressing the problems they are experiencing, or that will help them to achieve a higher quality life or level of functioning.go to care coordination »