Skip to main content
Handicapped man in a rowing scull enjoying the outdoorsHandicapped man in a rowing scull enjoying the outdoors

For individuals and families involved with intellectual and developmental disabilities, we offer an elevated level of service and care. In addition to providing the service coordination support previously provided by Medicaid Service Coordinators (MSCs), organizations like CareDesign connect individuals and families to more comprehensive services.
These include:

  • Health supports and services 
  • Behavioral health supports and services
  • Long-term care 
  • All the Medicaid-funded services and supports that a person or family might need

How to get started:

  1. Individuals or families who are new to this service can contact the state Office for People With Developmental Disabilities’ (OPWDD) “Front Door” to start the eligibility process. 
  2. There, staff from OPWDD will inform you about available services and the requirements to enter the service system, including enrolling in Medicaid if you have not already done so. 
  3. You will then be given information about care coordination organizations and asked to select one of them.  
  4. Completing the OPWDD eligibility process will provide your family member or family as a whole with ongoing support services. All of which can be funded through Medicaid and requires no out-of-pocket costs to you.

To further understand this service or for more information, here are two helpful links:

Need help navigating our intellectual & developmental disabilities services?

At Citizen Advocates, we work as a team to provide the best individual, person-centered services to the people we serve. Care coordination assists clients with identifying and accessing the services that will assist them in addressing the problems they are experiencing, or that will help them to achieve a higher quality life or level of functioning.

go to care coordination »